2023 Board Retreat
The board discussed potential dates and times for the 2023 board retreat. They agreed to hold it on December 3rd from 10am to 1pm. Rachel and Claire will finalize the agenda and circulate it to the board before it is posted publicly next Thursday. Potential topics include reviewing the status of past approved projects, strategies for keeping closer tabs on adherence to property developments, discussing potential 2024 warrant articles, reviewing draft site plan review regulations, finalizing the 2024 meeting schedule, and discussing potential urban renewal plans.
2024 Spring Town Meeting Articles
The board discussed potential zoning amendments to bring to the 2024 Spring Town Meeting. They agreed that updating the Arlington Heights Business District zoning should be the top priority. Other potential articles discussed were:
- Updating the Transportation Demand Management bylaw to add residential provisions
- Reducing the height buffer area
- Allowing illuminated sign permits through an administrative process
- Updating commercial design guidelines
- Creating multifamily housing design guidelines
The board also discussed engaging with the Select Board in early January to align priorities and strategies. They will reach out to schedule a joint meeting.
Claire will re-circulate the timeline and process for citizens to submit warrant articles related to zoning bylaws to the board. The goal is to get citizen petitions earlier so the board can provide feedback.
The board will also meet with the ZBA and Conservation Commission on December 18th to discuss their potential warrant articles before deciding which to support.
- Claire Ricker announced she will be making an offer for an Assistant Planning Director next week.
- Submissions to the Attorney General’s office for the MBTA Communities plan were completed last week.
- Claire will provide an update on the Outwood House project at the December retreat after meeting with the developer.